We are getting ready to take Alex to the doctor.. the phone rings. I run into my scrapbook room to get it. Alex follows me into the room. I quickly finish my phone call. I turned back around and noticed that Alex had tried out my new rectangle 7gypsies stamp. It's one of those that you press down and it stamps, the ink is inside it. He had made a page of the stamps on his art paper. No biggie... he shouldn't be touching my stuff without asking but whatever... we're late. We go over to the bathroom to comb his hair before we leave. With comb in hand... he looks up at me. And he's got rectangular stamps all over his face. I just stood there shocked. Then i started scrubbing his face... oh my word.. the doctor is going to think i don't clean you.. it's not coming off very well.. now it looks like you have grey smudges on your face... ooooh boy. I get most of it off. Still some smudges around the nose but we've got to go. We get downstairs and i go to put his coat on him. And i notice that he's got stamps all down the front of his shirt. I send him upstairs to quickly get a clean shirt. Meanwhile i am laughing my butt off. I had to put on the stern mommy face before he came back down.
Sigh.. this from a child who NEVER gets into things. I guess i was bound to have my time sooner or later. Oh man i wish i had taken a picture of his face, i am still laughing.
2 comments:
Rottens! Laughing my butt off, go Alex! He embellished himself and with 7Gypsies, the kids got good taste.
It's about time Alex acted like his crazy friends! Did you get the ink out??
Kasey
Post a Comment