Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Deep Conversations.... with Alex...
Today as we sat at the kitchen table eating lunch, Alex had some deep issues running through his head. He apparently had been reading his Beginning Readers Bible. He was a little upset by the pages "where they hung Jesus up on something, and put nails in him?!?" I asked him if he had read what happened after that and he said yes that Jesus came back. Then he asks if that happens to real people. And i had to explain that no, it only happened to Jesus because he was the son of God. Then he asked about regular people... what happens to them... I explained about heaven... then he asks about the bodies. And the cemeteries we visited while in PA.. and how long bodies stay there.. and how long will it be before i die... and will people know about us after we're gone...(at this point i did interject some wisdom on why we scrapbook and preserve pictures and memories) After a while i was just tired of talking about death over lunch and said.. ok let's talk about something else. So then he went on to ask all about where Daddy lived before he met me.. what happens when you get married... how did Daddy and I meet... what did we talk about when we met... did we get married the next day?...I explained about dating and getting to know someone to see if you want to stay with them for the rest of your lives. To that he says "well i'll just stay with anyone!!" Noooo honey.. what if she's not nice? "oh well i'll just go find another girl then" "I'll have to tell my wife that I have to go drive the train now but i'll be home later after work" I did tell him that some women work too. He was surprised to find out that i used to go to work everyday before he came along. Then came the whole issue of getting married and not living with me anymore. "But what if i miss you mom?" *sniff sniff* I tell him.. oh honey i miss Grandma but we visit each other and talk on the phone. He says "i hope you call me when i'm grown up and don't live here" *sniff sniff* This boy... gotta love him :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You should remind Alex that he's supposed to marry Ginny...so no reason to be looking for women!
And Jack used to get upset at the thought of going to college, because he didn't want to leave home!
Post a Comment