Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Lessons go awry...
Around here lessons usually go awry.. in a good way.. We start out learning about one thing and end up learning more. Sometimes it's funny... yesterday afternoon we were having a lesson on wind. As there was no wind today, the pinwheel experiment wasn't going so well. We headed up to the bathtub to test out making sailboats move with our breath as the wind. The next thing i know.. Alex has gone to get some ice cubes and is now reenacting the sinking of the Titanic. Sigh... it never quite goes the way you plan.. but these are the times they learn the best, when they are using their imaginations to learn something they WANT to. So the lesson turned into how water changes forms and ice buoyancy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Well, when you said the lesson was about "wind" and was going awry...I just assumed you ended up talking about farts! I mean, I know you guys, and so it just popped into my head!
Post a Comment