Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Our Trip Part 4 - the last part!

Ok finally getting to the last part of our trip... probably the best part for Alex. We went to the Day Out with Thomas event. It was so thrilling to watch his face just LIGHT up when he saw Thomas. Enjoying his enthusiasm was the best part of it for all of us adults with him. His Great-Grandparents came down to meet us. Poppop being a train fanatic too, the 2 of them just had a blast. The actual train ride with Thomas was pretty short but still magical :) What was really neat were all the other rides set up. Alex and Poppop rode a small steam engine called Cagney, we took a caboose ride, a trolley ride, Alex rode the Cranky Cars, and the guys rode some cattle cars and the hand car. Loved all the pictures of Bob's bum on that hand car *giggle*. They also had every bit of Thomas merchandise known to man... and we spent way too much money on things like musical Thomas toothbrushes and Thomas canteens LOL.

After our great day with Thomas we headed back to our hotel in Lancaster. Alex, Daddy, and I went over to the pool for hours! We had the place to ourselves and it was a ton of fun. Mommy and Daddy took turns in the glorious hot tub. That night Alex was just pooped so he stayed in with Daddy while I went with Mimi and our chauffeur Poppop to hit a few outlets and have dinner. OOhhh and we got a shoe fly pie to take home... YUMMMMMY.

The next day we hit the Choo Choo barn and more train stores with the Great-Grandparents. They took off to do some sight seeing on their way home and we headed over to the Toy Train Museum. Alex just adored that place. He could start up the engines with the push of a button. He was going around to all of the train layouts and making up his own adventures that the trains were having. He did NOT want to leave.

I talked the boys into letting me stop at the Pottery Barn Kids outlet - scored some fabulous deals!! Then since they were not happy about that - we headed over to play mini golf. It was a really cool, well kept course. Alex is getting good! I used to be the best but lately Bob has beat me a couple times... GRRRRRR. What was really kinda neat/weird was the Amish farm beind the mini golf course. We were watching a farmer with his horses - mowing a field while we were playing a round of mini golf. Kinda weird but cool LOL.

Oh the rock formation thing - I've passed it a few times that I've been down I-68 but have never stopped at the visitor center there. It's such a massive cut out of the rock and the layers of rock are just incredible. I used to want to be a geologist when I was young so I just loved it.

No comments: