**ETA** At first i left off the cottage cheese from the ingredient list.. sorry!
My friend Leslie's mom, Sandy, gave me this awesome recipe!
No Bother (No Knead) Rolls
2 pkg yeast
1/2 cup lukewarm water
16oz cottage cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 eggs
4 cups flour
Dissolve yeast in the 1/2 cup of water. Set aside.
Warm cottage cheese then add sugar, salt, baking soda, and eggs. Add yeast mixture.
Gradually add 4 cups of flour.
Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap. Let rise 90 minutes. Turn out onto floured surface, divide into 24 pieces. Place them in a well greased 9X13 pan. Cover with towel and let rise 60 minutes. (I ended up using a 9X13 and another smaller pan)
Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350.
That's the original recipe. I whizzed up the cottage cheese first and I used half King Arthur's White Whole Wheat flour. The bread was wonderful and moist. Bob scarfed it up.
Next time I am going to try reducing the amount of sugar and using all white whole wheat.
No comments:
Post a Comment