Thursday, September 27, 2007

Our Trip Part 3

So back to the story of our trip... after the falls we drove to Dar's house in Charleston. Much to our surprise it was not a shack in the country with a yard full of garbage and old furniture. She has a rocking house! It hurts my eyes with all the country froo-froo but it looks great :)

So Monday morning Alex was up early and we snuggled and woke up a bit while enjoying Dar's "Pretty Room" which i think i will call her "Morning Room". It was so golden with morning light. I made some eggs and left a sticky egg pan for Phil to clean.. sorry about that dude LOL. We bee bopped around Charleston... I lost count of how many traffic violations Dar committed. It was impressive. And maps... we don't need no stinking maps! Ok we did... but we had a very hard time reading it. The boys were good sports though! We went to downtown to look at the shiny capitol dome. It's right on the river... the boys freaked me out going down this really steep staircase down to the water. We took a drive up a hill to look out over the city.. really beautiful. Then we got lost and eventually found a really cool old governor's mansion turned lawyer firm. They have a carriage trail all the way down the mountain there that is open to the public. We tooled around there until we were getting so eaten by mosquitoes that we left. Climbed a really long flight of steps as a short cut out. Can we say... knees and calves SCREAMING. They still cower in fright at the sight of stairs after that falls climb. We then found our way to a nearby state park (got the bug spray out this time). We seriously goofed off there. Had fun on the teeter totter, swings, and slide... I acted like a school girl on the swings and loved it.

We met up with Phil (who actually worked that day while we goofed off) and stuffed our faces at Ryan's buffet. The guys went back home and Dar and I headed out to do some clothes shopping for her cruise. Wow that girl is picky LOL. But we did find a dress.. so success was to be had! The next morning we headed off to the next part of our adventure - Strasburg and Lancaster, PA. Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Dar Kaso said...

LOL, I was nice and didn't use the one of your feet in the bathroom stall. Fun post, I do got skeellz, maybe I need to get on Americas got talent